Saturday, November 15, 2014

I knew it...

Actually, if you knew Martin O'Malley, you would know that he was planning to run for President.  I was pretty sure that was his career track when we were both neighbours in Baltimore's Mt. Vernon Place and students at the University of Maryland Law school.  Martin is a few years younger than I am, but he was working for Barbara Mikulski.

New Hampshire, Delegate Tony O'Donnell said, "It's the worst-kept secret in Maryland that the governor has national ambitions"  after  Martin stood in for  Hillary Clinton at a Democratic campaign event in 2007.

I'm not that close to him (surprised and a little annoyed that he didn't acknowledge my congratulations on his winning the Governor post, but that's another story); so, I guess I should have known that he was making his plan to run for President in 2016 and has been since 2013.

Anyway, I received something asking who should run for president in 2016 and guess who was on the list?

Why, Martin O'Malley.

Of course, knowing his attitude toward guns, I should support him.  But, there is something deep down in me that wouldn't vote for the guy. Well, at least not in a primary. He's too much of a politician and not enough of a leader.  In other words, if you don't like Barack Obama--you will hate O'Malley.

With that, I'll end with this music video from Morrissey (No, I don't really feel this way, but I am a slacker compared with some of the people I've grown up with--although there are people who have done much worse than I have).

1 comment:

  1. "I'm not that close to him (surprised and a little annoyed that he didn't acknowledge my congratulations on his winning the Governor post, but that's another story)"

    Laci has an inferiority complex big time.

    ReplyDelete